Holden Timber Engineering is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will manage it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
A complete list of definitions can be found on the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Data Controller and Data Processor – The data controller decides what information will be collected and how it is managed and used. The data processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller and may be ‘in—house’ or a third party, such as an IT provider or remote mailing system.
2. Who are we?
Holden Timber Engineering is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Our contact details are:
Holden Timber Engineering
For all data matters contact Kevin Anderson: 01449 761700.
3. The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process and respond to enquiries you make
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To inform you of news, events or activities that we believe may be of interest.
4. The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data
- The personal data you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial information, business activities and employee details.
- Personal data that we receive from third parties is combined with the personal data that you provide to us and is used for the purposes outlined above.
5. Legal basis for processing your personal data
Processing is necessary for:
- The performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- The purposes of the legitimate interests of the data controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of the data subject
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with:
- Business partners, suppliers and third party hauliers we work with to provide you with goods and services that you have requested from us.
- Credit reference agencies for the purposes of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of entering into a contract with you.
We will only release relevant information to third parties; for example, contact details and information on the goods to be delivered to an outside haulier.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than we consider reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for the following purposes and use the following criteria to determine how long to retain your personal data;
- For marketing purposes we will keep your name and contact details for as long as you remain a customer and for 10 years afterwards or where otherwise required.
- A record of the services including a copy of your full customer file, along with relevant design information will be kept for 10 years after the date of the last order in line with CE regulations. After 10 years the file will be destroyed along with your personal data unless you continue to request quotations or maintain our business relationship in some form.
- Complaint records will be kept for six years from date of complaint.
- Quotes we have issued will be kept for three years.
9. Providing us with your personal data
We require your personal data as it is necessary to enter into a contract to supply you with goods and services.
10. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
11. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing condition.
13. How to make a complaint
To exercise all rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Kevin Anderson on 01449 761700.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.